A targeted understanding of your key questions about your competitive market environment
By using our team of market insight and therapeutic area experts, Deep Dives provide you with clear implications based on competitive intelligence, our analysis and experience across treatment and disease settings. Our recommendations are founded in the context of the competitive landscape, the therapeutic market and the evolving treatment paradigm.
Deep Dives can give brand and portfolio teams the confidence to take major decisions, update their strategic direction and inform on-going commercialisation or portfolio planning activities.
We use a robust approach to collecting, validating and analysing insights and intelligence on target markets, competitors, and customer segments. Initial hypotheses are developed through efficient and effective secondary research and tested using primary research with targeted stakeholders and relevant sources.
In addition to primary research, we may use a range of different approaches from the strategy consulting tool-set to develop the right implications and actionable recommendations:
- Profiling competitors and the competitive landscape and identifying areas for further investigation
- Threat analysis to consolidate a player’s position, intent and capabilities in a market to predict their response
- Therapeutic area landscaping to identify drivers, barriers and critical success factors for a product in a market or treatment setting
- Product benchmarking to provide a detailed assessment of a client’s product positioning versus competitors in one or several areas such as TPP, positioning, messaging, value proposition, awareness, SoV, advocacy or access amongst others
- Due diligence frameworking to assess the opportunity and/or barriers ‘to play’ in a space, enter a new market /market segments or in launching a product
- Future-proofing strategy through evaluation of market dynamics and the evolving regulatory, payer and prescriber envenvironments to protect and inform product positioning or development
the average number of interviews for a single project
the number of countries where we have conducted our research
the share of project resources dedicated to insight-generating primary research
Here are some examples of recent projects we have worked on:
Case study one
To Evaluate current lab practices for a specific diagnostic assay in key geographies
We conducted a Deep Dive into three geographies, with final reports illustrating primary findings and trends in the use of the assay at issue.
Primary research with over 60 stakeholders, including private and public healthcare providers, laboratory staff and payers in order to shed light on current clinical practices and the reimbursement landscape.
Project provided the client with invaluable insights into how to increase testing rates and volumes to support the launch of their pharmaceutical product.
Case Study Two
To understand the requirements for label inclusion of home administration in Europe and the US
Using literature, guidelines and selected case studies we identified the regulatory and clinical developments that enable US/EU drug label approval of home administration for oncology assets.
Analogs highlighted different approaches to transitioning a clinic-delivered product into the home environment. Following deep-dives client commissioned 12 month monitoring project, include coverage of four conferences, to identify technological developments in this area.